Search on page
Last forum posts
True Combat Elite
ET Quake Wars
QW-Mod: Tactical Assault v0.3.211.08.2009 : 03:16
QWTA is a straightforward mod in intention; it's intended to tweak the core gameplay aspects of Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, to create a more believable, more realistic experience, that plays more like a serious science fiction movie, than an arcade game.
QWTA's secondary objective is to bring more classic Quake 2/4 features to realization in ETQW, and to embrace new developments that fit within the broad ETQW/Quake 2/Quake 4/Earth-Stroggos war theme. Generally, QWTA is assuming ETQW is set before Quake 2, and will attempt to mix Quake 2 and Quake 4 technology, characters, etc, with that in mind, in addition to attempting to extrapolate modern technology to ETQW's level.
QWTA takes a lot of its gameplay inspiration from a few random(I'm afraid I don't recall the names.) realism mods that have popped up for the Call of Duty series of games, and the goal is to get something as an end-result that plays similarly to those, but in the futuristic setting of the Earth-Stroggos war.
At present, QWTA is intended to function with any base ETQW map, without a hitch, and it's hoped that this will continue to be the case through QWTA's development: while QWTA would certainly welcome QWTA-intended maps, they're not something that's felt should be required.
As a player, the preview video footage that was published before ETQW itself was released, spoke to me of a gritty, tactical, bloody sort of game, involving a lot of thinking and strategy, rather than the run-and-gun-fest that the released version of BaseETQW is. To that end, QWTA tries to stay true to the perceived feeling behind some of that original footage, and the impression it had on a lot of people.
Download & Info:
- Most QWTA-specific features are optional. You can play BaseETQW using QWTA! (Or a strange combination of both.)
- Realistic movement.
- Realistic damage.
- Realistic weapon accuracy.
- Other realism-oriented features...
- Radar no longer detects infantry. (But 3rd eye cameras do!)
- Adaptive class-number limiting.
- Blood effects!
- Death/unconscious screen tinting and fading.
- Mxyzptlk's megatexture autodownload.
- Improved spectator controls.
- Dark Matter Cannon mimics Quake 4-singleplayer Dark Matter Gun.
- Hammer missile behaves more like a tactical nuke.
- Hyperblaster mimics Quake 4-singleplayer Nailgun.
- Any vehicle may be airdropped.
- Persistent ranks can be ignored in favour of campaign ranks.
- Bot support for new features. (Bots will drop vehicles.)
- New vehicle: Jupiter Assault Tank.
- BFG10k. (Jupiter tank's main cannon.)
- Alternate firing modes for Vampire and Violator.
- Bot AI improvements.
- BaseETQW bugfixes.