Search on page
Last forum posts
True Combat Elite
ET Quake Wars
ET-TC: East Front (22.02.2009)22.02.2009 : 00:48
The team of East Front is really fast in fixing bugs, improvements and adding new things to their total convertion. This release includes the mod and all the patches released after it.
- Download this or this (252 MB).
- Extract the zip contents into your Enemy Territory folder.
- Run ET with the following added to your command line (without the quotes): "+set fs_game ef +set com_hunkmegs 192"
NOTE: This version also includes a MyMusic folder in your ef folder. You can copy mp3's or ogg music files there and run the bat file included to listen to your own music ingame instead of listening to internet radio.
Remember to set Hunkmegs to 192 or more if needed! (minimum 128).
There are still alot of bugs to be spottet! if you see a bug then please report it at their homepage: EastFront.co.nr
- New gametypes: Co-Op, Supremacy and Supremacy Campaign.
- Full custom bot support, and a waypoint generator built in that will make bot support for any map automaticly. (note: occasionally it may be required to manually add some waypoints - the system is not yet perfect, but it is very close).
- Full NPC support. These are like bots, but do not use player slots so you can have up to 255 of them ingame at a time.
- Driveable Tanks, APCs, Artillery and Flak. nearly all planned vehicles are already completed and ingame.
- Bot fireteams. Bots will make their own fireteams, but players can request bots join their fireteam with voicechat commands (follow me). They can also give bots orders using the right mouse button and a key set by the player in the options menu to toggle what alt fire does.
- Ironsight and advanced sniper zoom system and graphics.
- New weapons based on the Eastern Front.
- Realism modes added. (New setting in hostgame screen - cvar: g_realism [0/1/2]).
- Movement speed changes based on animation.
- Enhanced pain/death animations.
- Flamethrower pain animations.
- Advanced (realistic) weapon spread system. Bullet accuracy adjusts based on what the player is doing.
- Advanced supression system. You can supress the AI and it will try to take cover. Supression also affects accuracy with weapons for both players and AI.
- Players can set up heavy weapons on windows and other objects of the correct height.
- Pain and Death sounds.
- Wizz sounds of bullets flying past.
- Shell Shock. Affects player movement and visuals.
- Bloody View (as your health gets lower).
- Enhanced weather system. Weather for any map can be easilly changed to suit your server, it can also be randomized via the new maps/*.atmospheric files.
- Enhanced fog system. Replaces the boring bugged grey wolfenstein fog with a new system that addapts in realtime, meaning that fog range and density varies over time. The standard fog is now white, but it is possible to set any fog color at all. Any map's fog can be modified as the server host likes by adding a new maps/*.fog file.
- Enhanced Textures. Most textures (even normal ET ones) have been changed to high resolution replacments resulting in much nicer looking maps.
- Particle Systems - advanced FX support. Can be used for many things, but you can see an example when anything explodes.
- Many other (currently) undocumented updates.