Search on page
Last forum posts
True Combat Elite
ET Quake Wars
ET-Map: Breakout 2 v1.3.008.11.2008 : 18:05
- Lowered the overall amount of portals - this should hopefully prevent any major FPS drops some players were complaining about.
- Made the allied CP house solid - the windows are not breakable anymore, and they are not transparent. This way the CP and the objects inside the house will not be drawed when standing from the other side of the map.
- Lowered the axis respawn.
- Moved the axis bunker spawn to a more central location - they now spawn in between the two corridors.
- Dynamic lightning was removed - it made weird dark shadows appear all over the map, and I didn't have the patience anymore to try and fix it.
- A "Bunker door" has now been placed. This door will automatically close when the tank reaches the entrance of the bunker, preventing the allies from simply jumping in from their trainstation spawn and into bunker where they can destroy the bunker debris within moments. The door automatically opens when the tank passes the bunker debris.
Objectives and Gameplay:
Allies must escort the tank to the exit rail tunnel to win, starting at a disused mine and then along the railway track to the station.
Axis will try to dynamite the footbridge over the railway to block the tank. If they do, Allies must dynamite the wreckage to clear the path.
At the station the Allies must then build a ramp to lift the tank off the rail track and into the station courtyard. Axis can construct a tank barrier just beyond this, so these objectives are fought over at the same time.
Once past the barrier the tank must go through the tunnel under the railway. Axis will try to dynamite the tunnel to block the road. If successful, Allies must dynamite the rubble to clear the way.
The road then leads into the Axis bunker - Allies must escort the tank through the bunker and out the other side.
The final chance for the Axis to block the tank is a desperate measure - they can destroy their own overhead bunker control room, so that the debris blocks the bunker exit. But this damages and buries the Axis CP located there.
If the bunker control room is destroyed, the Allies have to dynamite the debris to clear the path. This also clears the rubble from the Axis CP, allowing it to be rebuilt.
Finally the tank gets back onto the rail tracks and can escape through the exit railway tunnel.